Image Credit: Matt Stuart
My name is Abhijit a.k.a. Eternal Happiness™.
I am a photographer who documents human interest stories. I like to create photo-stories on different social and contemporary topics and also to shoot life on the street. I have an extensive experience of photo documenting the works and projects of different aid organisations and NGOs on the field, in difficult and conflict-ridden areas. At the same time I am also a freelance Communication Consultant for NGOs, Organisations and Corporates.
- Selected for the ‘Her og Der’ Mentorship Program, 2020 (Oslo) as an international artist which is supported by Arts Council Norway.
- One of the official photographers’ for Oslo Pride 2019 & 2020.
- Selected as a Contract Photographer for United Nations Development Program (2018)
- Selected at World Press Photo’s Diploma in Documentary Photography Projects in Amsterdam. (2017)
Personal Photo Book Project:
- ‘Totos Of Totopara- A Tribe In A Globalised World’. A photo book project that explores the life cycle of a less known Indian tribe, ‘Totos’ and changes in their culture and traditions due to modernisation and globalisation. Currently, I am actively looking for sponsors, funders and I am crowdfunding to self publish this book.
Exhibitions & Photo Talks:
- A total of 9 solo-exhibits on this photo book project, of which 2 have been in Oslo.
Photo Documentation of Organisations/ NGOs:
- I have photo-documented the work of various NGOs like- Ambuja Cement Foundation, Mumbai Smiles, Yuva, International Committee of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies (ICRC) and Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) which were mostly located in the conflict- rebel areas, in difficult accessible places and in the tribal and rural hamlets of India.
- ‘Photojournalism’ & ‘Basic Digital Photography’ as subjects to the Graduations students of S.N.D.T. Women’s University, Mumbai.
- Volunteered to teach ‘Basic Mobile Photography’ to the teenage refugee seekers in Oslo in collaboration with Caritas Norge, a humanitarian organisation, based in Oslo.
- Times of India & Indian Express, Mumbai. I shot everyday news, feature stories, political press conferences and ‘offbeat’.
I am currently based in Oslo, Norway and open to taking commissioned assignments from wire agencies, press, as well as photo-document work of international organisations/ NGOs. Since I have direct experience in working in conflict- rebel areas, I am willing to photo document conflict zones as well.
For commissioned assignments, email me on [email protected]