Image Credit: Priyanka AR
Abhijit a.k.a. Eternal Happiness™ is a documentary and humanitarian photographer who documents the work and projects of different NGOs on the field, and creates human interest visual stories on social and contemporary subjects. He has over eight years of experience in photo-documenting works and projects of nonprofits and humanitarian organisations.
Some of his clients have been Mumbai Smiles, Yuva, International Committee of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies (ICRC) and Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) in difficult, often inaccessible and conflict-ridden rural and tribal belts of India. He has also documented the projects of Oslo-based international humanitarian nonprofit Dråpen i Havet (A Drop in the Ocean) at their three camp locations for refugees and asylum seekers in Greece.
For commissioned assignments, email me on [email protected]
- ‘Her og Der’ Mentorship Program, 2020-2021 (Oslo) as an international artist which is supported by Arts Council Norway.
- One of the official photographers’ for Oslo Pride 2019 & 2020.
- Selected as a Contract Photographer for United Nations Development Program (2018)
- Selected at World Press Photo’s Diploma in Documentary Photography Projects in Amsterdam. (2017)
Personal Photo Book Project:
- ‘Totos Of Totopara- A Tribe In A Globalised World’. A photo book project that explores the life cycle of a less known Indian tribe, ‘Totos’ and changes in their culture and traditions due to modernisation and globalisation. Currently, I am actively looking for sponsors, funders and I am crowdfunding to self publish this book.
Exhibitions & Photo Talks:
- A total of 9 solo-exhibits on this photo book project, of which 2 have been in Oslo.
- There have been 2 Group Exhibitions (online0 one for Her og Der (2021) & another one for Oslo Open (2021)
Photo Documentation of Organisations/ NGOs:
- I have photo-documented the work of various NGOs like- Ambuja Cement Foundation, Mumbai Smiles, Yuva, International Committee of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies (ICRC) and Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) which were mostly located in the conflict- rebel areas, in difficult accessible places and in the tribal and rural hamlets of India.
- Volunteered to teach Basic Mobile Photography to the young refugee and asylum seekers in the Samos & Athens camps of Greece.
- ‘Photojournalism’ & ‘Basic Digital Photography’ as subjects to the Graduations students of S.N.D.T. Women’s University, Mumbai.
- Volunteered to teach ‘Basic Mobile Photography’ to the teenage refugee seekers in Oslo in collaboration with Caritas Norge, a humanitarian organisation, based in Oslo.
- Times of India & Indian Express, Mumbai. I shot everyday news, feature stories, political press conferences and ‘offbeat’.